Free Movies and TV Series with Amazon Prime Video
Amazon Prime Video offers a wide selection of movies and TV shows available for Prime members to watch at no additional cost. Here’s an overview of how to find and watch free movies and series with your Prime membership.
Movies Included with Prime
Amazon Prime includes thousands of popular movies across genres that are available to watch for free. Some examples of movies included at no extra charge are:
- Recent hit movies like A Star is Born, John Wick 3, Rocketman
- Award-winning films like Manchester by the Sea, The Big Sick, Cold War
- Classic older movies like Rain Man, Ghostbusters, Legally Blonde
- Family favorites like Shrek, Hotel Transylvania, The Addams Family
- Foreign/indie films like Shoplifters, Capernaum, The Handmaiden
To find these, simply browse the Prime Video movie selection and look for the «Included with Prime» tag on movie titles. You can also search by genre or filter specifically for free Prime movies.
Popular TV Series
In addition to movies, Prime Video offers many popular TV series to stream at no extra cost. Some highlights include:
- Amazon Original series like The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Jack Ryan, The Man in the High Castle
- Classic shows like Downton Abbey, Parks and Recreation, Friday Night Lights
- Hit HBO series like The Sopranos, The Wire, True Blood
- Kids show like Peppa Pig, Dora the Explorer, Arthur
- British series like Downtown Abbey, Fleabag, Sherlock
Like movies, look for the Prime tag on series titles or use the Prime filter to browse all included shows.
Amazon Prime Channels
Along with the included selection, Prime members can subscribe to over 100 different «Prime Channels» add-ons like HBO, Showtime, and Starz to get additional movies and shows. While not free, Prime members get discounted rates on these subscriptions. Some popular channels to consider include:
- HBO: Unlocks everything HBO like Game of Thrones, Westworld, new movies, and more for just $14.99/month.
- Showtime: Get Showtime series and movies for $10.99/month.
- Starz: Starz originals plus hundreds of Hollywood hits for $8.99/month.
- PBS Kids: Educational children’s programming for just $4.99/month.
- Noggin: Learning-based shows and games for preschoolers for $7.99/month.
While not free, the discounts can be significant compared to getting these channels on their own.
How to Watch
Once you’ve found something to watch, streaming movies and shows included with Prime is easy:
- On the web: Just go to PrimeVideo.com and log in with your Amazon account.
- Mobile apps: Download the Prime Video app on your iOS or Android device.
- Fire TV devices: Prime content can be watched on Fire tablets, Fire TV stick, etc.
- Smart TVs: Prime Video apps come pre-installed on many internet-connected TVs.
- Game consoles: Access Prime Video on Xbox, PlayStation, Wii and other gaming systems.
In summary, Amazon Prime includes a solid library of movies and shows as part of the base membership at no extra cost. With additional subscriptions, the selection is vastly expanded. Take advantage of everything included with Prime Video to entertain yourself without spending extra.